Thursday, February 02, 2006

Paint it Yellow! Rang De Basanti

I like movies mainly on three counts- the execution, the content and the time pass value. I dont like movies to preach to me directly. I go to a movie to have fun, enjoy my time, not to get social education. I am a big Aamir-AR Rahman fan too. Mangal Pandey disappointed me badly. It was not well executed, there was no great content and it was surely not time pass value. So I was really looking forward to seeing RDB. The songs were far better than in Mangal Pandey and the promos looked good. I missed the first day first show for this one because I had planned a trip around the same time. I was keen to go on 25th night but unfortunately had no company. I finally managed to get tickets for the 29th night show.

I dont want to say anything much about the movie but in the end I was entertained. It scored on all three counts I like movies though people could have other ideas about the content but it was way better than other movies I have seen in the recent past. Go enjoy. Paint it Yellow!

2 comments:

Chitra said...

Yup... it is really good !

Grandebelf said...

Yup! damn neat!